The Orange County NY Arts Council (OCAC) announced the 2023 Community Arts Grants recipients. The OCAC Community Arts Grants are designed to promote growth of arts and culture across Orange County.
Nine recipients will receive funding from the program and will present works through March 2024. The 2023 grant recipients and their projects are:
• Alex Prizgintas: Prizgintas plays the cello with his own modern twist of various pop, rock and blues songs with ““Bach 2 Rock”
• Core Theatre Group: The Warwick theater company will perform “The Last Five Years”
• Grand Montgomery Chamber Music: Free Classical Music Series
• Greenwood Lake Theatre: “Spontaneous Shakespeare,” featuring multiple renditions of William Shakespeare’s plays
• Jean-Marc Superville Sovak: “From the Ground Up,” a sculpture project, will be featured at Ann Street Gallery in Newburgh.
• Port Jervis Farmers Market: Local Musician Series
• Strongroom Gallery in Newburgh: A poetry collaboration with Audra Wolowiec
• Wickham Works: The nonprofit arts organization based out of Warwick will host the Fuller Moon Arts Festival, a multi-arts exhibition featuring dance, live music, and interactive art displays
• Wallkill River Center for the Arts: Hudson Valley Plein Air Festival, featuring local artwork
The Community Arts Grants are administered by the Orange County NY Arts Council and funded through individual donations made to the Arts Council from donors and sponsors, including a generous gift from the Wesley-Krueger Family Foundation. Recipients are selected based on accessibility, diversity, need, feasibility, community engagement, and artistic merit.
The projects will be showcased at Orange County NY Arts Council’s Art Affair on Nov. 18.