Alison’s Famous Banana Bread - One Bowl & No Mixer Needed
Makes one large or two smaller 9.5 in. loafs, 3 mini loafs, or approximately 18 muffins. Use gluten free versions of ingredients to make gluten free: 1-1 gluten free flour.
3/4 cup packed brown sugar*
1/2 cup refined, neutral taste coconut oil or butter
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon, or to taste
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup dairy milk or half-and-half, or heavy cream (no substitutions)
Optional mix ins:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup blueberries with 1 blueberry yogurt cup instead of dairy
1 cup chocolate chips
Save 3/4 cup of batter and mix with 1/4 cup Nutella OR 2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 cup packed brown sugar. Drip into filled pans and swirl until streaks are visible
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Melt coconut oil/butter in microwave-safe bowl
3. With a wooden spoon, stir coconut oil/butter into sugar until sugar is dissolved, about 20 strokes
4. With a wooden spoon, stir eggs into batter, mixing until eggs are smoothly combined. Stir in banana, salt, and baking soda.
5. With a wooden spoon, stir in flour 1/2 cup at a time until the batter no longer has white flour streaks in it. Pour in dairy and stir until liquid is fully combined. Gently mix in optional mix-ins, if desired. Pour into prepared pans.
9x5 pans: 1 hour. Start checking at 45 minutes.
Mini loafs: 35 minutes. Start checking at 30 minutes.
Muffins: 20 minutes. Start checking at 15 minutes.
Bread is done when toothpick is poked into the middle of the bread and comes out clean.
*You can use white or brown sugar, or both. Recommendation: If your bananas are very ripe, use all white sugar or 1/2 cup white, 1/4 cup brown. If they are not very ripe, use all brown sugar or 1/2 cup brown, 1/4 cup white.