With Halloween right around the corner, we’ve got just the treat for you: Another week of Route 17 construction updates!
Minus the ability to simply wave a wand and make it all disappear, we’re letting you know the times and places where lane closures are scheduled to occur on a weekly basis, as indicated by 511 New York.
The information is provided by the state’s transportation agencies.
Here’s what we know about Route 17 construction from Oct. 21 to Oct. 25:
On the eastbound side:
· From 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. there will be various lane closures between Exit 125 - South Street; NY 17M (Goshen) and Exit 126 - NY 94.
· From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. there will be various lane closures around the eastbound ramp to I-87 S/B (Harriman).
· From 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. there will be various lane closures around the eastbound ramp to I-87 S/B (Woodbury).
On the westbound side:
· From 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. there will be various lane closures around the westbound ramp from I-87 S/B (Harriman).
· From 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. there will be various lane closures between Exit 126 - NY 94 and Exit 124 - NY 17A; Ramp (Goshen).
Additionally, on Wednesday:
· From 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. there will be an eastbound right lane closure between Exit 126 - NY 94 (Chester) and Exit 129 - Museum Village Road (Blooming Grove).
· From 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. there will be a westbound right lane closure between Exit 127 - Greycourt Road (Chester) and Exit 126 - NY 94.
Over the past several weeks, we’ve been giving readers an opportunity to vent their frustration about all things construction related; this week is no exception.
Instead of silently seething, take our survey and rant about your Route 17 experience. Extra points for raving!