Many of us are doing our part to stop the spread of coronavirus by staying put. What are you doing to keep yourself and your family occupied? Share your ideas with our readers by messaging The Chronicle on Facebook or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The events you've seen announced recently in this newspaper have very likely been cancelled, so we’re looking for good ideas about fun stuff we can do instead.
Did you know that the trails at national, state, and local parks are still open? Get some fresh air and exercise while looking for the first signs of spring. To find a park near you, visit:
● New York: parks.ny.gov/parks
● New Jersey: state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests
● Pennsylvania: dcnr.pa.gov
● Delaware Water Gap National Recreational Area: nps.gov/dewa/index.htm
The public libraries are closed in Goshen (until further notice) and in Chester (until March 28), but you can still download ebooks, audiobooks, magazines and other materials from their sites to enjoy at home. Downloadable study materials are also available for students getting ready for the SATs. Check them out at goshenpubliclibrary.org and chesternypubliclibrary.com.
Soon it will be time to put in your garden. The Master Gardener program offered through your local cooperative extension offers lots of information online and consultation with expert volunteers. Visit:
● PennState Cooperative Extension of Pike County: extension.psu.edu/pike-county
● Cornell Cooperative Extension of Orange County: cceorangecounty.org
● Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Orange County: sussex.njaes.rutgers.edu