Last Saturday, April 10, the Goshen Rotary Club executed a community service project by clearing a very overgrown berm on the property of the Old Stone Schoolhouse on Route 17A in Goshen.
This is the only one-room schoolhouse in the Town of Goshen in its original condition and is one of the oldest schoolhouses in New York state.
The Old Stone Schoolhouse was built in the 1700’s and was used continuously as a school until 1938, when it was purchased by the Minisink chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. The building is on the New York State and national Registers of Historic Places.
Rotary International is a service organization whose purpose is to bring people together in order to provide humanitarian service and to advance goodwill and peace around the world. It is a non-political and non-religious organization open to all. For more information: www.goshennyrotary.org or 914 443-6961.