Do you need an absentee ballot for Feb. 28 school vote?

Make text smaller Make text larger


GOSHEN — Absentee ballots are available to Goshen Central School District residents who want to vote in the Feb. 28 capital improvement project referendum but will not be available that day due to illness, out-of-town business trips, being away at college, or certain other acceptable reasons.

There is a two-step process to receiving an absentee ballot:

Fill out an application for an absentee ballot to confirm why you will not be able to vote in person.

Fill out the actual absentee ballot to cast your vote.

You can download and print the application for an absentee ballot at, or call the district clerk at 615-6720 and ask to have it mailed to you. Applications are due on Feb. 21, one week before the vote.

You can also visit the district clerk to fill it out in person at the Main St. Building, 227 Main St. in Goshen.

The district proposes to spend $30 million on a 15,000 square foot addition to the high school, along with upgrades to athletic facilities, information technology, and other improvements.
Make text smaller Make text larger


Pool Rules


Greens of Chester raises many questions
By Frances Ruth Harris
— Chester residents asked the town board for updates a long-running project, the Greens of Chester,...

Read more »

Concert to raise money for Disney trip
By Geri Corey
— The Paul Van Doran Memorial Fund presents an “Afternoon with Duo Alterity” from 3 to 5 p.m. on...

Read more »

Free homeowners workshop on April 7
MIDDLETOWN — A free workshop to encourage potential Orange County homebuyers to take advantage of the down payment assistance programs...
Read more »

Do you want to run for school board?
GOSHEN — Petitions to run for three available positions on the Goshen Central School Board of Education became available on March 19...
Read more »


Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Community Newspapers


(No heading)
  • Mar 19, 2018


Find more about Weather in Chester, NY