Port Jervis Council for the Arts will present "Wonders Of Stained Glass" on Saturday, May 28, at the Presbyterian Church, 60 Sussex St., Port Jervis.

Guided tour times are 9:30, 10, 10:30 and 11 a.m. The suggested donation is $10, which benefits Port Jervis Council for the Art‘s Scholarship Fund and the Presbyterian Youth Fund.

Spend an hour on a Saturday morning to learn the history of some of the most beautiful, intricate, colorful and spectacular church windows in this section of the county, which includes the work of Louis Comfort Tiffany.

There are 10 windows, five on either side of the church; five are memorial windows given by Mr. and Mrs. O.P. Howell, Mrs. Samuel B. Farnum, Mrs. Margaret Schofield, Mrs. J.K. Parshall and one in grateful recognition of the services of William C. McCormack, given by the choir.

All were unveiled to the public on Oct. 31, 1897. The Howell window was given in memory of Bradford Gardiner Howell, the deceased son of the donor. In the center is a beautiful painting of Jesus surrounded by a group of little children. The colors of the window are extremely rich and beautiful.

Members of the congregation will act as the tour guides. They will be able to answer any questions regarding the windows and the church.

Also on hand will be Jim Pinto, owner of Northeast Stained Glass. He has worked on these windows and many other stained glass windows in the area. His website is www.northeaststainedglass.com

Light refreshment will be served before and after the tours. Email schillnyc@aol.com or visit www.PortJervisCouncilForTheArts.org for more information.